Watch this video to learn how to make Tuna Salad a great healthy meal thats quick & easy to make
1 cup canned tuna
4 white bread slices
6 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon + 5 tablespoons olive oil
10-12 cherry tomatoes
5-6 iceberg lettuce leaves
5-6 rocket leaves
5-6 black olives, pitted
5-6 green olives, pitted
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1½ teaspoon honey
Juice of ½ lemon
2-3 fresh parsley sprigs
Lemon wedges for serving
1. Toast bread slices lightly. Slice garlic thinly reserving one.
2. Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add sliced garlic and fry till light brown. Transfer the fried garlic in a bowl and set aside. Reserve the oil.
3. To make the salad, halve cherry tomatoes and place in another bowl. Tear lettuce and rocket leaves and add.
4. Reheat the reserved garlic oil and add the tuna, stir and sauté for a minute. Switch off heat and let it cool.
5. Quarter black and green olives and add to the salad. Halve capers and add.
6. To make the dressing, combine olive oil, salt, crushed peppercorns, paprika powder, honey and lemon juice. Mix well.
7. Rub the toasted bread slices with the reserved garlic and cut into small pieces to get croutons. Add the croutons to the salad.
8. Add sautéed tuna to the salad alongwith salt and crushed peppercorns and toss well.
9. Add the dressing and toss well. Add fried garlic and torn parsley and toss again.
10. Serve garnished with lemon wedges.
Preparation Time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 8-10 minutes
Click to Subscribe: http://bit.ly/1h0pGXf
Cookware by : http://www.wonderchef.in
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/ChefSanjeevKapoor
Twitter : https://twitter.com/sanjeevkapoor