Chicken Fingers from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
Boneless chicken(breast): ½ kg
Salt: 1 tsp
Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
Garlic powder: 1 tsp (if you don’t have garlic powder, use crushed garlic)
Red chilli powder: 1 ½ tsp
Oil: for frying
All purpose flour/maida: 1 std cup
Salt: ½ tsp + ½ tsp
Black pepper powder: ¼ tsp
Bread crumbs: as per the requirement
1. Cut chicken breast into thick strips.
2. Add 1 teaspoon salt to these chicken strips, ½ tsp black pepper powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder.
3. Mix well, close the lid and leave this chicken for marination for about 1 hour.
4. After one hour of marination, mix the chicken strips again and keep aside.
5. Add 1/4th tsp salt and 1/4th tsp black pepper powder to all purpose flour or maida. Mix well.
6. Add 1/4th teaspoon salt to the eggs and beat or blend well.
7. Dip each marinated chicken strip into the beaten eggs, coat well with maida or all purpose flour.
8. Again dip the fingers into the egg and coat well with bread crumbs.
9. Repeat with the other strips
10. Deep fry these coated strips or fingers into the hot oil on both sides.
11. When they turn brown and crisp, remove from the oil.
12. Serve hot with Mayonnaise or Tomato sauce.