SUBSCRIBE for new videos every week: https://www.youtube.com/user/joannasohofficial Oven-baked recipes are a life-saver for those who are busy. All you need is to do a little bit of prep work, pop it all in the oven, and you can get on with doing what you need to, while a nutritious meal is cooking for your family.
It’s a healthy and wholesome meal all in one tray. The formula is really simple. Combine Protein + Vegetables + Oil + Seasoning and you have your dinner! Watch this video!
SNAP & SHARE your pictures. Tag me @JoannaSohOfficial #JSohRecipes
READ below for the recipes and steps.
Joanna is a certified Personal Trainer (ACE), Women’s Fitness Specialist (NASM) and Nutrition Coach, with over 8 years of experience.
Stay connected and follow me:
Tweets by Joanna_Soh
(Subscribe to my website for printable workouts & recipes)
ROASTED CHICKEN W MIXED VEGETABLES (serves 2)
1. 2 Chicken Legs Quarter – 336Cals each
2. 2 Carrots, sliced – 50Cals
3. 1 head Broccoli – 98Cals
4. 1 Sweet Potato, sliced into cubes – 112Cals
5. 1 Red Onion, sliced – 46Cals
6. 6 Garlic Cloves, crushed – 27Cals
7. 1 tbsp. Olive Oil – 69Cals
8. 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar – 3Cals
9. ¼ tsp. Fresh Rosemary, chopped
10. ¼ tsp. Mixed herbs
11. Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 425°F/220°C.
2. Rub the chicken legs with olive oil. Season with fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. Next, make a bed for the chicken pieces by arranging the vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish. Season the vegetables with a little bit of olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, mixed herbs and some rosemary.
4. Transfer and arrange the chicken legs on top of the vegetables.
5. Bake for an hour or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Serve warm!
Per serving: 540Cals
BAKED SALMON & ZUCCHINI (serves 1)
1. 1 Salmon Fillet – 416Cals
2. ½ Zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced – 9Cals
3. ½ cup Cherry Tomatoes, halved – 13Cals
4. ½ Lemon, slices, plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice – 8Cals
5. 1 Garlic Cloves, minced – 4.5Cals
6. ¼ tsp. Rosemary, chopped
7. ¼ tbsp. Olive Oil – 17.5Cals
8. Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Let’s prep the salmon. Marinade the salmon fillet with olive oil, salt & pepper, chopped rosemary and garlic clove. Gently massage the seasoning into the salmon and set aside.
3. Next, line a baking tray with tin foil. Then make a bed for the salmon fillet by arranging all the vegetables on the bottom of a baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place the salmon and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice. 5. Seal it all in tightly. Place into oven and bake until cooked through for about 30 minutes.
5. Enjoy warm
Per serving: 468Cals
AUBERGINE & BLACK BEAN RATATOUILLE (serves 4)
1. 2 Aubergines, sliced – 272Cals
2. 1 Zucchini, sliced – 33Cals
3. 1 tbsp. olive oil – 69Cals
4. 1 can Diced Tomato – 108Cals
5. 1 can Black bean- 316Cals
6. 1 Onion, chopped – 46Cals
7. 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped – 9Cals
8. 25g Grated Parmesan -108Cals
9. ¼ tsp. Cayenne Pepper
10. Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 220°C.
2. In a large bowl, season the aubergine and zucchini slices with olive oil, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. To make the sauce, mix together the diced tomato, black beans, onion, garlic, cayenne pepper and salt & pepper. Set aside.
4. Now let’s assemble the dish. In a baking dish, arrange the aubergines and zucchini slices in a single layer.
5. Next, pour in a layer of the black bean sauce. Then top it up with another layer of aubergine and zucchini slices. Repeat until the baking tray is filled.
6. Finally, sprinkle with some grated cheese. Bake in the oven for 30 – 40 minutes until the top layer is golden brown. Serve hot.
Per serving: 241Cals